Code of Conduct
As with all things, your use of our services is governed by certain rules. These rules are maintained and enforced exclusively by our administration and must be adhered to by all players. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by this Code of Conduct.
The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and we reserve the right to determine which conduct is considered to be outside the spirit of our community and to take such disciplinary measures as we see fit up to and including blocked access to our server and termination of your Pandora MU account.
If you come across a player violating the rules, you should report them immediately by opening a support ticket or via Discord, directly to a staff member. Remember to include several screenshots, taken in-game, that clearly show the course of actions and dialogue, where applicable.
- Play fair and in the spirit of the game.
- Respect others and facilitate civil discussion.
- Help newbies and be a team player.
- Remember that winning isn't everything, and that having fun, making friends and improving the gameplay by providing feedback are also important goals.
Less 3% of our total active players (at least 1 reset per account) have been permanently banned throughout time. The other 97% made due just fine with the 4 points above.
However, if those are unclear or not detailed enough, continue reading below.
While Playing the Game you agree that you will not:
- Transmit or communicate any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Pandora MU, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Purposefully violate the server rules or guidelines, even if someone provoked you;
- Block another player's way so they cannot move to or from a particular area or access an in-game resource (e.g. any usable object, NPC or item drop);
- Use of cheats, game client modifications, keyboard or mouse input automation (macros) and any other third-party programs that interact with the game in any way, for any purpose, that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the game client and server, as well as any unauthorized third-party programs that collect information about the server by reading areas of memory used by the game client to store information;
- Access or attempt to access areas of the game, website or server that have not been made available to the public;
- Impersonate any person, business or entity, including a member of the Pandora MU administration, or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Pandora MU;
- Post identifying information about yourself or other players to the Website or within the Game;
- Harass, stalk or threaten other players;
- Write in a language other than English on /post and Gens as Pandora MU is international and these chat channels are public;
- Kill players in locations where our Game Masters host events, unless they specify that it is a PvP event;
- Kill steal from a full party on regular hunting locations (this means excluding Boss areas or Event maps);
- Kill players participating in the Crywolf Event or Ferea Battle. From start (when Altars can be contracted / Orb is destroyed) to finish, and items looted.
- Buy or sell accounts, characters, weapons, sets or any other virtual items that may be used in Pandora MU, for "real" money, exchange currency, or any other physical or virtual item outside our platform;
- Exploit bugs or glitches, as well as knowingly hide a bug or exploit by not reporting it to our staff soon after you discover it;
- Spam chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings;
- Participate in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of our administration, defrauds any other user of the game, including by scamming or social engineering;
- Select a player name that is falsely indicative of an association with Pandora MU or its administration, contains personally identifying information, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on player name choices;
- "turn a blind eye" and not reporting the incident when you know for certain that another player violated this Code of Conduct;
Penalties generally follow a basic escalation path:
- First Offense: 12 hours of Game Chat Restriction or Character Suspension
- Second Offense: 24 hours of Game Chat Restriction or Character Suspension
- Third Offense: Two Week Suspension Character or Account
- Fourth Offense: Permanent Account Suspension, up to and including Hardware Suspension
However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a previous offense on record.
We regard the following as common sense only. Not loopholes, and definitely not means to an end for mischievous smart-arses.
- You are free to kill steal a player as long as they refuse a party request (bidirectional) or if they are AFK.
- You may write in other languages on /post or Gens chat channels for the purpose for greeting and discovering other people from your country (e.g. "Hola, ¿algún gremio español?", "Hi, sino man ang Filipino guild?")
When you create an account with us, we require you to select a unique username and password (collectively, your "Login Credentials"), which you'll use each time you access the Game. You agree not to share your Login Credentials with anyone. You agree not to sell, transfer or allow any other person to access your account, or offer to do so. You’re entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Credentials. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security, including any loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure of your Login Credentials.
- Any donation you make is voluntary and directly supports the running costs of our services. You assume the responsibility for your decision to do so, and no refunds will be issued.
- If a virtual item that you purchased using Pandora Points cotains faults when received or is subject to a bug or data corruption and no longer works as intended, let us know immediately and we will attempt to resolve the issue, if that fails, we will remove the item and exchange its value back into Pandora Points. However, this does not cover minor issues such as spelling errors or graphical faults.
- A chargeback or any attempt to reverse a transaction will lead to a permanent hardware ID block and termination of your Pandora MU account(s). Any remaining Pandora Points and any purchased virtual items will also be deleted. Additionally, we always dispute transactions that are subject to a chargeback case and have a high rate of winning, this means losing not only your Pandora MU account but also the disputed amount.
For any enquiry about donations, please contact us: email@example.com
If you're unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep our game server a fun experience for all players.